I have to admit, I’m pretty pleased with how America voted this week. The Top 10 Finalists for American Idol 2013 are:
- Janelle Arthur – Cute little old school country singer. She has a beautiful voice but by virtue of not really being one of my top genres, she’s not super high on my list.
- Candice Glover – Amazing voice and a judge favorite so not surprising, but again probably not in my top genres.
- Kree Harrison – One of my personal faves, her voice is just effortless and I love that she is so real and down to earth.
- Amber Holcomb – Also very talented, though I personally found her song this week a bit boring (don’t hate me).
- Angela Miller – Another from my personal Top 4, I think she’s amazing and it seems like everyone agrees with me – yay!
- Lazaro Arbos – I just adore his voice and being able to watch him go from stuttering to speak to singing some of the best performances each week is kind of amazing. He’s got a great story, very marketable.
- Curtis Finch, Jr. – He has a great voice, not really my thing but at least he can sing unlike a lot of the contestants who were sent home last night.
- Paul Jolley – A favorite of mine if you haven’t noticed. I think he has an awesome voice and he and Lazaro are the two guys who I can say “I’d buy that album.” Which for me is what separates the contestants who are very good with the ones I’m calling a favorite.
- Burnell Taylor – His song didn’t really do much for me this week but the judges clearly love him and I don’t think there’s anything wrong with this voice at all. I wasn’t surprised to see him go through.
- Devin Velez – Again, a judge favorite and he does have a very nice voice there is just something about him that does nothing for me personally.
I am disappointed that Nick Boddington didn’t make the cut. He’s the only contestant from the Top 20 that I thought deserved to go forward that didn’t.
There were other contestants that I thought were fine but didn’t perform well and all of those contestants were sent home so really, this week was not a big upset for me. If anything the herd has finally been thinned properly.
Well done America!