It’s been a quiet couple of weeks here at Things Momma Loves. As life continues to be busy with enjoying all those things and people I love so much, here are 5 things I’m especially loving lately…
1. I carved a pumpkin for basically the first time in my life this year. Nope, not the expertly carved Vampire Jack O Lantern – that was carved by my friend and her hubby. Mine is the Pumpkin House on the right, inspired by this tutorial at Disney Family Fun that I pinned last year. I have to say, for my first time carving I think it came out really well. I’m pretty proud of myself and looking forward to future carving endeavors in the coming years.
2. My dad came to visit for Halloween and it has been so nice having him around. We don’t have any family in the area so when they come to visit (or we go visit them) it is truly precious time. It’s also been nice having another grown up around during the day while hubby is at work and MM is at school. The task of a stay at home parent seems much lighter with company, especially Awesome Grandpa Company. BB and MM are, of course, in their glory.
3. Trick or treating pretty much went off without a hitch, ignoring the last minute costume change of Little BB who decided the day before that she was no longer content to be the Amelia Pond to her brother’s Doctor (Who). She was given a gently used Snow White costume from our good friends and immediately announced that she would in fact be Snow White for Halloween. Period. To be honest, I didn’t much mind – I already got my pictures for posterity and having the kids happy on Halloween is way more important than matching costumes.
4. The shortbread cookies at Panera Bread continue to be one of the best things on earth and a serious highlight to my entire month. I only buy one for myself during Board Meetings once monthly and it is always totally worth the insane amount of calories in one cookie.
5. Bow ties. Bow ties are cool.
What’s on your Happy List this week?